dai - morning bell
friendly reminder: owning up to, learning from, and apologizing for your mistakes can go a long way
Always wanted to do fan art of Ni No Kuni. Started this a long time ago. Hated it. Redid it. Hate it a little less now…. but still kinda hate it.
Littlies are so cute!
The family of an 8-year-old Native American girl who was tazed by police in October is suing while the Pierre Police Department say it was justified.
The Chief of Police justifies the use of a tazer on an 8 year old girl by saying they could have used their guns or batons, essentially. What restraint.
cis people aren’t allowed to edit my papers anymore
"WHAAATT? I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY WORK??? IN MY OWN PAPER??? WHAT THE FUUUCK??"
It’s not my job to educate you, teacher.
I’m betting one hundred bucks that this is a comment about a really badly written essay and not someone being actively transphobic.
well, you’re about to owe me one hundred bucks.
- this is not the first time i mentioned privilege in the paper. or cisgender. this paper was written on my personal experiences with being trans, and the difficulties i’ve faced because of it, and the difficulties that cisgender people with otherwise comparable lives have not faced.
- the terms privilege and cisgender had both been thoroughly elaborated on in this paper.
- this paper was written for a women’s studies class, on gender analysis, in which both privilege and cisgender privilege in particular had been explained, elaborated upon, and discussed by the professor.
- the comment was not by the professor, it was by a cis classmate during a peer review.
- the words cisgender and privilege are both in scare quotes (in case you can’t google that or don’t know what it means or want to deny their existence, scare quotes is when you put a word or phrase in quotation marks to make it seem less real — the textual version of sarcastically making air quotes with your fingers)
- another edit, by the same editor, involved asking me what my birth name was. i’m sure you don’t need to be told that that’s transphobic.
- i spoke to the professor about this edit, and he agreed with me that the comment (and the way it was phrased) was out of line. in fact, he thought it was so out of line that he led a workshop for the class on how not to be disrespectful assholes to trans people (say, by asking for their birth name, or telling them they’re wrong or oversensitive about transphobia).
- i got a 99% on the essay — WITHOUT changing anything the edit asked for.
- the professor liked my essay so much that he asked to keep it as an EXAMPLE for future classes
bonus: if your reaction to seeing gross transphobic things is “well it’s probably the trans person’s fault”, then you’re gross and transphobic and i hope you don’t know any trans people IRL for their sake
Furries are considered weird deviants still yet mainstream capitalism desperately desires for me to want to fuck a green m&m.
Everyone who reblogs will get skeletons in their inbox.
I saw byebyezenbu talking about how she’d like to see Hibiki rain down some punches in S3. She mentioned FotNS style ATATATATATAs, but I really dig this pattern from YYH.
i can’t even word how much i like this.
beautiful, simply beautiful. ^_^
Me as a mother
this guy was watching the vmas with me and now he’s educating himself how precious is that
he keeps asking me all these questions about aspects of feminism and he’s like “so basically it’s about letting women do what they want without being judged for it” and I was like yea and he was like “oh okay that’s so simple why isn’t everyone a feminist” it’s precious
this website SAVED MY BRAIN when i was a stressed out college student who couldn’t stop flipping out long enough to prioritize. quite a few of you are still suffering through college so i hope this helps you too!! c:
What the hell is anime
Anime: a style of Japanese film and television animation aimed at adults as well as children
Sachi acknowledging that she’s a dumbass
I think she was chosen as the face of sexism in games largely against her will. It was the collective gamer hivemind that decided she would be the main target for their impotent, angry mewling.
But just because they’ve decided that she represents the whole of video game feminism doesn’t mean that you have to. There are plenty of smart, insightful, and generally unheard games criticism and journalism out there, go and find it. Here’s a big list to get you started.
Whoomp there it is
It’s super important to spread the awareness of gaming criticism around, so one person isn’t the main voice of one side, and that one person doesn’t get the entirety of the inevitable backlash from all other sides! I appreciate how much awareness Anita has brought to feminist critique of mainstream gaming, but her views are still only one slice of a very big and diverse sector of pop culture analysis.